Acceptable Usage Guidelines
- This website is provided as a public service to promote the spread of good ideas. It welcomes anyone willing to join us in this pursuit.
- You are encouraged to read, respond and share as you wish for free, and to share in a way that respects the purpose and intent of this community.
- By inviting you to participate in Discussion Boards, For a, online meetings and conversations, webinars and other learning events and resources in the library, we are seeking to build a mature online community centred around leadership and regional development for the Caribbean.
- Feel welcome and free to share content that suits the purpose of this community and of this communal online space.
- We realise this may be obvious to all, but we still like to say the following:
- We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Only share content that you have the right to share, and always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner. Do not claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights.
- Nobody likes Spam - do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
- Please be aware, when participating, that we will remove: content promoting pseudo-science, conspiracy theories, zealotry, proselytizing, self-promotion, product-hawking, and new-age fluff, and;
- Content written in text-speak, all-caps, or otherwise lazy grammar
- Content posted by members using joke names or non-names
- Disrespectful, distasteful, unconstructive, or illegal content.
- If you act disrespectfully, disruptively or illegally on this space, CLP reserves the right to terminate your membership, at any time, and without prior warning.
Although we do not routinely screen or monitor content provided by users, we may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate a user's access to all or part of the Services.